Argosy Cruises Corporate Giving Policy
Thank you for including Argosy Cruises as part of your fundraising efforts. For 60 years, family-owned and Seattle operated Argosy Cruises has become the Northwest’s premier cruise company, and for 60 years we have proudly been giving back to our community. For the past two years, the Puget Sound Business Journal has honored Argosy Cruises as the second most giving company in Washington State, donating on average $375,000 per year to organizations and nonprofits, through both corporate foundation giving and in-kind donations.
The concerns we support are those that are important to our guests and to our employees. In addition we are proud supporters of the Seattle Times Fund for the Needy, Camp Goodtimes, Pacific Marine Research, Seafair Special People’s Cruise, People for Puget Sound, the Seattle Aquarium Society, Campfire, Sound Experience and ArtFund.
To be eligible for contributions, organizations must comply with the following:
- Qualify for non-profit status under the Internal Revenue Code.
- Benefit the local community (we are not able to support causes outside our local business region.)
- Be submitted in writing on the organization’s official letterhead or by using the online form below.
- Submission must be received at least 90 days prior to the event.
Unfortunately we cannot contribute or offer support to:
- Funds for individuals and/or beauty pageant participants.
- Projects of political nature (political campaigns or issues).
- Class Reunions.
- Team or individual sponsorships or competitions.
If your organization or program meets these eligibility requirements, please submit in writing or via form below:
- A description of the event including purpose and objectives.
- Date of event.
- Contact name and information, including return mailing address, phone numbers and email address.
- The community you serve.
- The goal your event is trying to reach.
Argosy receives thousands of requests on an annual basis. Since we are a relatively small company, we are not able to fulfill every request. We review all requests monthly and respond approximately 60 days in advance of the event. (Please note we do have a monthly donation allotment.) Unfortunately not all requests are honored, nor do we support organizations monetarily. The final decision rests with the Donation Committee. We also limit one donation to organization or cause per year. All responses will be sent via email and donation items, if awarded, will be mailed. Please ensure that a valid email address is included with your request.
Donations are made in the form of product passes. These passes cannot be redeemed for cash and will not be re-issued if lost or stolen.
Please submit all information and inquiries using the form below. If you must submit in writing, mail care of the following: (Note: All written requests must also include a valid email address.)
1101 Alaskan Way, Pier 55, Suite 201
Seattle, WA 98101
No phone calls please!