Effective July 2: As a U.S. Coast Guard regulated vessel, we adhere to Executive Order 13988. This order has recently been updated to allow vaccinated individuals to go without masks when in outdoor spaces on vessels. Regardless of vaccination status, all guests and employees must continue to wear a mask indoors on our vessels (boarding vessels, ordering at the bar, using the restroom, etc.).
The safety of our employees, guests, and community continues to be our top priority, which is why are requiring proof of full vaccination for guests aged 12 and up effective October 8, 2021. We are also considering the safety of our younger guests (under 12) who cannot receive the vaccine at this time.
Full vaccination means that at the time of your ticketed departure, it must have been at least two weeks since your second dose in a two-dose series, such as Pfizer or Moderna, or 14 days if you received the single-dose Johnson & Johnson vaccine.
This requirement is important to us for many reasons:
- The risk of transmission between fully vaccinated people remains low
- Unvaccinated people are more likely to bring the virus onto our boats and into our facilities
- The FDA has given full approval for the Pfizer-BioNTeach vaccine, with Moderna expected to follow soon after
- The hospitality and tourism industry has been severely impacted by the pandemic, and we are doing what we need to do to protect our employees and stay in business
Additionally, masking will be required when indoors on our vessels, except when actively drinking or eating, per U.S. Coast Guard regulations. Masks are not required when outdoors on our vessels if you are fully vaccinated.
Guests will need to present their vaccination card* (or photo of it) at the time of boarding. The name on the card must match your legal, unexpired, photo ID. If you are unable to provide proof of vaccination at the time of boarding, you will not be allowed to board and there will be no refunds.
Other acceptable forms of vaccination proof include:
- Washington State Certificate of COVID-19 Vaccination (or similar if out-of-state)
- Washington State Immunization Information System Printout (also available for Arizona, Louisiana, Maryland, Mississippi, North Dakota, Washington D.C., and West Virginia)
- Lifetime Immunization Record Booklet
- Verified electronic medical record printout from your medical provider
- For children 12-18 years of age that do not have a legal ID, they must have a guardian present with a legal, unexpired photo ID
These other acceptable forms of vaccination proof must be printed out. We will not accept webpages or screenshots.
Guests who are eligible for the vaccine (12 and up) but unable to be vaccinated due to medical reasons must provide results of a negative COVID-19 PCR test taken within 48 hours, or a negative COVID-19 antigen test taken within 24 hours of their ticketed departure. If you are unable to provide proof of a negative COVID-19 test within the time limits stated for the specific kinds of tests, you will not be allowed to board and there will be no refunds granted.
Children who are ineligible for the vaccine (under 12) must wear a mask and do not need to provide proof of a negative COVID-19 test.
We will continue to reassess and update policies as information from the CDC becomes available. All guests will be informed and provided sufficient time to adjust to any policy changes that are made.
Questions? Please visit our COVID-19 Vaccination Policy FAQ.
*We exist to share fun and adventure and spending up to five years in a federal penitentiary for a fake vaccine card is not very fun. It is a federal crime under Title 18 USC Sec 1017 to attempt to use a fraudulent vaccine card and is punishable by fine and/or up to five years in prison. So, please do not present a fake vaccine card at boarding.
If you plan on cruising with us, we require all guests to observe the following guidelines:
- Face masks are required, regardless of vaccination status, upon entering the Argosy Reservation Center on Pier 55 and when indoors on Blake Island, including the Tillicum Longhouse and Longhouse Café
- Face masks will continue to be required, regardless of vaccination status, when indoors on our vessels, including when boarding the vessel, ordering drinks, and using the restroom
- Face masks are not required for vaccinated individuals in any outdoor space on our vessels
- Wash your hands often and avoid touching your face
- If you or anyone in your party is experiencing COVID-related symptoms, please find another time to visit us
Our team is implementing additional preventative and safety procedures in our Pier 55 Reservation Center and on our boats. We are also requiring all employees to get vaccinated by October 29, 2021, per CDC guidelines.
- We are now cashless. This applies to all payments including tips. Accepted forms of electronic payment include: Major credit/debit cards, Apple Pay* and Android Pay* (*in-person bookings only)
- All employees, regardless of vaccination status, must wear a mask in the Argosy Reservation Center, ticket booths, and Tillicum Longhouse
- Unvaccinated employees must continue to complete a health screening form before entering the workplace and are required to wear a face mask (provided by Argosy Cruises)
- Guests are required to use their own face covering
- Increased cleaning and disinfecting protocols
- Additional food safety protocols
- One-way flow of queues is maintained
In addition to the above Safety Measures, the following items are specific to private charters.
- Additional food safety protocols
- Catering staff to wear masks at all times and gloves when handling food
- Guests are served by the catering staff
- Appetizers are set on individual plates
- Sneezeguards are used on Tillicum Longhouse serving tables
Passenger capacities vary by boat size and comfortability. We continue to encourage social distancing whenever possible, and do not intend to open up to full capacity this season.
Have peace of mind at the time of booking. If you need to rebook for any reason, we will issue a credit for the value of your cruise to book a later date and time with no fees. Credits are valid on all 2021 experiences and available for up to one year after the original cruise date.
Last updated September 20, 2021