The health and safety of our guests and employees continues to be top of mind at Argosy Cruises. We are following guidance from local health officials, and will update our policies as information from King County becomes available. Please read our current health & safety policies prior to joining us.
Updated December 1, 2021 - The safety of our employees, guests, and community continues to be our top priority, which is why we are requiring proof of full vaccination or negative COVID-19 test for guests aged 12 and up effective October 13, 2021. We are also considering the safety of our younger guests who cannot receive the vaccine at this time.
Full vaccination means that at the time of your ticketed departure, it must have been at least two weeks since your second dose in a two-dose series, such as Pfizer or Moderna, or 14 days if you received the single-dose Johnson & Johnson vaccine.
This requirement is important to us for many reasons:
- The risk of transmission between fully vaccinated people remains low
- Unvaccinated people are more likely to bring the virus onto our boats and into our facilities
- The FDA has given full approval for the Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine, with Moderna expected to follow soon after
- The hospitality and tourism industry has been severely impacted by the pandemic, and we are doing what we need to do to protect our employees and stay in business
Forms of Verification
Guests will need to present proof of vaccination or negative COVID-19 test at the time of boarding. If you are unable to provide proof of vaccination or a negative COVID-19 test at the time of boarding, you will not be allowed to board and there will be no refunds.
Valid forms of verification include:
- Vaccination card
- Photo of vaccination card
- Record from MyIRmobile.com or other app
- Printed record from vaccine provider or MyIRmobile.com
- Negative COVID-19 test taken within 72 hours of ticketed departure
Additionally, masking will be required when indoors on our vessels, except when actively drinking or eating, per U.S. Coast Guard regulations. Masks are not required when outdoors on our vessels if you are fully vaccinated.
Negative COVID-19 Test
Guests who are eligible for the vaccine (12 and up) who are not vaccinated must provide results of a negative COVID-19 PCR test taken within 72 hours of ticketed departure. If you are unable to provide proof of a negative COVID-19 test within the time limits stated, you will not be allowed to board and there will be no refunds granted.
Accepted proofs of negative test result:
- Print or digital documentation from:
- Testing provider
- FDA-approved PCR test taken within 72 hours of boarding time
- FDA-approved rapid test taken within 72 hours of boarding time. Argosy Cruises is not providing on-site rapid testing.
We do not accept at-home tests, antibody tests, nor antigen tests.
Guests Under 12
Guests under 12 must wear a mask and do not need to provide proof of a negative COVID-19 test.
We will continue to reassess and update policies as information from King County becomes available. All guests will be informed and provided sufficient time to adjust to any policy changes that are made.
Please visit our COVID-19 Vaccination Policy FAQ.
*We exist to share fun and adventure and spending up to five years in a federal penitentiary for a fake vaccine card is not very fun. It is a federal crime under Title 18 USC Sec 1017 to attempt to use a fraudulent vaccine card and is punishable by fine and/or up to five years in prison. So, please do not present a fake vaccine card at boarding.
If you plan on cruising with us, we require all guests to observe the following guidelines:
- Face masks are required, regardless of vaccination status, upon entering the Argosy Reservation Center on Pier 55
- Face masks will continue to be required, regardless of vaccination status, when indoors on our vessels, including when boarding the vessel, ordering drinks, and using the restroom
- Face masks are not required for vaccinated individuals in any outdoor space on our vessels
- Wash your hands often and avoid touching your face
- If you or anyone in your party is experiencing COVID-related symptoms, please find another time to visit us
Our team is implementing additional preventative and safety procedures in our Pier 55 Reservation Center and on our boats. All employees are vaccinated as October 29, 2021, per CDC guidelines.
- We are now cashless. This applies to all payments including tips. Accepted forms of electronic payment include: Major credit/debit cards, Apple Pay* and Android Pay* (*in-person bookings only)
- All employees, regardless of vaccination status, must wear a mask in the Argosy Reservation Center and ticket booths
- Unvaccinated employees must continue to complete a health screening form before entering the workplace and are required to wear a face mask (provided by Argosy Cruises)
- Guests are required to use their own face covering
- Increased cleaning and disinfecting protocols
- Additional food safety protocols
- One-way flow of queues is maintained
In addition to the above Safety Measures, the following items are specific to private charters.
- Additional food safety protocols
- Catering staff to wear masks at all times and gloves when handling food
- Guests are served by the catering staff
- Appetizers are set on individual plates
Passenger capacities vary by boat size and comfortability. We continue to encourage social distancing whenever possible, and do not intend to open up to full capacity this season.